Walking is good, it’s healthy and a good form of exercise. But hang on, there is even a better way to stay fit, cycling, not just cycling but cycling on a hybrid bike. What is a hybrid bicycle (bike)? A hybrid bike is a versatile, adaptable, hard knock bicycle that is ideal for the road and off-road environments. It is essentially a cross between a road and a mountain bicycle.
Why choose a hybrid bicycle?
What is hybrid bike? There are many reasons as to why purchase a hybrid and this article will aim to present a detailed answer to that question.
- Hybrid bikes are an effective combo of a road and a mountain bike. Talk of killing two birds with one stone. The tires are designed with the outside of the tire having a rough tread, and on the inside, a smooth parallel tread. A great combination to deal with the average everyday road combinations.
- They possess large fast rolling wheels; this makes cycling easy.
- Hybrid bike tires also allow for more grip, in comparison to the dedicated road bike, due to its wide size and durability.
- Hybrids also are among the most comfortable bikes to ride. No curved handle bars like in the case of dedicated road bikes, hybrid bikes handles are long, flat, and easy to handle providing a relaxed cycling experience. No upper torso aches.
- Hybrid bikes brake positions are just in the right place, at the ends of the handlebars. Their position makes them comfortable to reach and easy to use. Braking in hybrid bicycles can vary depending on the models, but V-brake systems are common, in addition to mechanical and hydraulic disc systems.
- Hybrids bicycles, when it comes to gearing, they usually offer a wide array of gearing; the most typical being wide-ranging cassettes and triple chainsets. However there are exceptions, hybrids can be augmented with hub gears for near maintenance and free mile cycling, while the single-speed models offer simplicity just like their name.
- Hybrid bikes sometimes also come fitted with a suspension fork, providing comfort when riding on the bumpy off-road terrain.
- And finally, most manufacturers of hybrid bicycles know they are used for general purpose rather than specific like the road and mountain bikes, they have equipped them racks mounting and also mudguards.
The crucial bit to remember is that when it comes to the hybrid bicycle, it that is a bike that is a jack of all trades but a master of none. In the long run, a road bike will be faster than the hybrid, and the mountain bike will be better adapted and suited for off-road cycling. However, for the enthusiast who likes to shift within and without the constraints of road disciplines and wants to explore a mixed terrain comfortably without loss of comfortability, this hybrid superbike is ideal.
However like with all consumer commodities it is important that research is done to find the hybrid bicycle that is worth your budget and performs exceptionally to your specifications and desires.